Why should you join VIIAA (“Vee-Uh”)? Maybe you think that with your SHRM or HRCI memberships, you have all the resources you need. If that’s true, then why is #MeToo still at the top of your risks list?
Look, those are great partner organizations, but where they go broad, VIIAA goes deep. We’re smaller, more personal, and specialized. Don’t leave them for VIIAA, but add us to the resources you can deploy.
You won’t feel lost at our conferences, you’ll feel supported. Too often, corporations forget the psychic and emotional toll of working on cases involving hate, bias, and abuse. VIIAA is as much a support group for those in the trenches as it is a professional development venue. Within a tight-knit group, others are going through the same things you are, and are here to lend their support and advice. All within a framework created by industry-leading experts.
The VIIAA team has pioneered application of remedies-based resolutions, no-contact orders, cognitive interviewing, pregnancy accommodations, bystander engagement, primary prevention, and many other innovations that are just starting to be picked up by employers outside the education field. VIIAA is here to empower the “technology” transfer of taking the best practices developed since 2011 in the education realm and introducing them effectively within your workplace, corporation, organization, or agency.
Join us because VIIAA offers resources you can’t get anywhere else:
- Our Title VII Plan Packages give you everything you need – in one place – to develop a comprehensive compliance approach. Sure, you can download policies and procedures off the web, but do you know what you’re getting? Is it compliant for your state? Is it up to date? Has it been developed by an unknown local firm, or was it drafted by industry-leading experts. Our content is developed in-house by VIIAA’s expert team, or carefully vetted before it’s added to our member library of resources. But, a Title VII Plan is more than just policies and procedures. It’s intake best practices. It’s a focus on remedies. Safety plans. Reporting protocols. Annual reports. Prevention mechanisms that are more than one-and-done, check-the-box approaches. You need tools that are transformative. Our plan puts all the ingredients you need in one simple package for deployment throughout your organization.
- Investigation-In-a-Box – This kit gives you everything you need to conduct professional, competent investigations. A 150-page guide to conducting civil rights investigations in employment settings is included, but more importantly, you’ll get a comprehensive set of case studies to train on and use to teach others when you train them! And, you’ll also get our comprehensive forms and checklist supplement that gives you the templated materials you need to conduct a professional investigation. Every letter, form, checklist, and tool is at your disposal, easily customized to your needs, and has been vetted in the trenches of litigation.
- Investigator Certification Courses – Theirs are broad and general. Ours teach you how to make a hostile environment finding that will hold up in court.
- Title VII Administrator Certification Courses – Only from VIIAA!
- The VIIAA Playbook – so many courses focus on the process, and neglect to train on the substance. What is the anatomy of a policy violation? How is sexual harassment different than hostile environment? What is different in making a finding of race discrimination versus age versus sex? How do you apply the standard-of-proof. How do you assess credibility when two employees have differing accounts? If you don’t know, you need this handy desk reference at the ready.