Belinda M. Guthrie has twenty years of progressive leadership experience in higher education developing campus wide programs for the prevention, investigation, and response to issues of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, and bias incidents/hate crimes involving students, faculty and staff, ADA/Section 504 compliance, university governance and policy development, and responding to students at risk. Belinda joined Santa Clara University in 2014 as the University’s first full-time EEO and Title IX Coordinator. In addition to her work as a consultant and speaker, Belinda is an affiliated consultant with TNG, LLC, and serves on the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA) Advisory Board and on the editorial board for the Journal of Campus Title IX Compliance and Best Practices (Campus IX) .
Prior to joining Santa Clara, Belinda served as Associate Dean of the College at Vassar College from 2003 to 2012 as the college’s founding director for the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Early in her career, she directed Vassar’s Office of Accessibility and Educational Opportunity to ensure the effective accommodation and support of students and employees with disabilities and held a similar position at Smith College. Belinda also has extensive experience consulting with nonprofit organizations to support their strategic growth and leadership development and help scale mission-driven impact. A native of Wyoming, Belinda received her B.S. in psychology and administration of justice from the University of Wyoming, and holds a M.A. in education from New York University.
- Title IX coordination and investigation
- Title VII, Title VI investigation
- ADA/504 compliance and program development
- Student conduct and hearing boards
- Faculty/employee conduct and hearing boards
- Governance review
- Faculty and student handbook review
- Responding to students at risk and with severe psychological disorders
- Coordinated campus response to sexual misconduct on campus
- Bias Incidents/Hate Crimes campus response and policy development
- Mediation/informal resolution for student, faculty, employee grievances